SQ/2 Dot Matrix Printer for Bags & Cartons
The SQ/2 ink jet printing system allows manufacturers to print high quality dot-matrix characters
on bags and cartons. The SQ/2 offers the lowest price per-printed-character in the industry!
We recommend the water-based system for printing on porous surfaces like paper PBOM bags and
corrugated cartons. And solvent-based inks for printing on glossy and other laminated surfaces.
The SQ/2 system can usually be installed directly on your bag sealer to print information on the bag while
it is still in the sealer!
Click thumbnail for larger photo:
Printing on Kraft Bag
Mounted on 4600 PBOM Closer
- Designed for easy installation and Simple Message Programming
- Includes: Controller cabinet and ink delivery system, One or two printhead(s) and
printhead mounting bracket(s), Printhead data cable(s) and ink line(s), Photocell product
sensor and photocell mounting bracket, and Industrial strength handheld input device
- Prints: .75” [7x5 matrix]; .5” [5x5], or .5” [7x5]; .375” [5x5], or .375 [7x5]; .25 in [5x5]
- Modular Components for Quick Replacement and Troubleshooting
- Speed: 20 to 200 feet/minute line speed
- Water-based Ink for Porous Printing Surfaces (e.g. Kraft Paper, Corrugated Boxes)
- Solvent-based Ink for Non-Porous (Glossy) Printing Surfaces (e.g. laminated bags, etc.)
- Requires Relatively Uniform Speed / Throw Distance
- Works on new or existing machinery!
- Spare Parts Kit: Includes spare print head, card cage and PC board pack, air
pump module, data cable and master cap
- Starter Kit: Includes ink, cleaner for flushing the system, spray bottle for cleaner,
hand cleaner, 70mm cap wrench and wipes for the printhead
- 5-Gallon Pail Upgrade: Upgrades ink supply to 5.0 gallons (water-base ink only)
- PC Software: Communications software for PC integration
- Software Upgrade: 12 hour shift code, 3-letter month name, 3-letter weekday name, complete expiration date,
expiration month, expiration day, expiration year, expiration Julian, and repeat print software
- Rollaway Stand: Provides mount for the SQ/2 controller, designed with caster wheels for transportation within
- Extended Character Width Firmware for print speeds slower than 20 FPM
60 char/msg; 64 memory locations
20-200 FPM on Standard Unit
RS-232C, 9600 baud, 8 bit, Asynch
12” H x 12” W x 5.25” D
3” H x 1.6” W x 7” L
24-hour clock, Julian date, counter
Dot size, print delay, character width,
photocell on/off, invert print, reverse print, purge routine
Water and Solvent Based Inks
110/120 VAC, 50/60Hz, 1.6 amp
This printing system is ideal for integration with our PBOM and Paper Bag sealers like the
Doboy AT, PC-600,
HDPT, and GS-1000
sealers or Thiele Technologies 4600 and
4601 PBOM bag sealers and closers! Click the model names for more information!
The SQ/2 can also be mounted on conveyers for high quality case printing,
labeling, and bag identification.